Wednesday, January 23, 2008

National Science Museum: Global















Since Tokyo was struck with the same 'wintry mix' as Boston I decided to immerse myself indoors at two of the largest museums in the city. The first was my main target for this trip: The National Science Museum, specifically because of their extensive attention to evolution. The message was beautifully illustrated and it made me a little sad to see how evolution is universally accepted as fact here while roughly half the population of my own country ..... but I digress. The NSM has structured their story by starting with the basics in the bottom floor (Exploring the Laws of Nature and the Universe) and working their way up (Biodiversity, etc.) and evolution is the thread that runs through all. It's very effective programming.

No comments: