Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shibuya: Shopping District





Spent the day getting acquainted with our neighborhood. Shibuya is where the young Tokyoites come to buy their clothes. There are some interesting fashion trends making there way around Tokyo right now and I was a little self-conscious of being 'that guy' taking photos of people so I kept my lens on the surroundings instead. I need to get back there to take some photos of Hachiko crossing so I'll inevitably get some people shots on here. Hachiko crossing is that giant intersection you've seen so often in the movies where everyone crosses at once in all directions. It's actually named after a devoted dog that would meet his master at the train station here every day and continued to come for seven years after his master's death. True story.

3 comments:

blogorelli said...

I was *so* right when I noted on my blog how you two are having "Harajuku travel adventures"!!! Glad you arrived safely and can't wait to see more pics...

christine said...

"Interesting fashion trends"? Please elaborate. I wonder: are you wearing blue jeans?
Stupid American.

Jeff said...

Actually, most of the young men are wearing jeans. That's a common misconception that only American's wear blue jeans. I would say the ration of jean to pants wearing is higher here than in the States. Unless you're in Texas.